Old 03-08-2009, 05:51 AM
Chris Bannister

Default wget on dialup (was iceweasel resume download fails after reboot)

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 10:42:52AM -0500, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 06:24:18AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>
> > Anybody able to use download resume across reboots?
>
> I manually copy the URL to ~/uldl/wget.list
>

> Then I run wget -c -i wget.list

I find it handy to also keep a log of the session so as to be able to
associate the downloaded filename with the url.

wget -c -i wget.list -a wget-log

> I have wget aliased as
> alias wget='/usr/bin/wget -t 0 --read-timeout=60'
>
> since I'm on dialup.

me too, been having trouble with wget "hanging" after downloading a file,
so might try this and see if it cures that annoying habit.

--
Chris.
======