Old 03-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Vasiliy Faronov

Default Key appears to be held down

Hello.

Using lenny amd64 on a BenQ JoyBook S32B laptop.

Roughly once per hour, the system starts to generate the '6' character
repeatedly, as if it is pressed down, although it isn't, and this
doesn't happen on Windows Vista x64 dual-booting on the same machine.

Usually I can "release" the key by pressing any other key, but sometimes
it is just stuck and nothing stops it save for a reboot.

This happens in X11. It might also affect the console, but I don't
normally work there so I can't tell.

This problem also existed in etch-and-a-half amd64, previously installed
on the same machine.

Any ideas?