Old 03-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Frank McCormick

Default Location of icons

Looking at my transparent panel in Debian Squeeze I noticed there are a
few icons which are not really suitable...that is they are surrounded by
white backgrounds. I'd like to modify them.....especially the one
representing "show the desktop". Can anyone tell me where in the
directory structure they might be found?

Thanks

Old 03-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Thierry Chatelet

On 6 March 2009 21:52:23 Frank McCormick wrote:
> Looking at my transparent panel in Debian Squeeze I noticed there are a
> few icons which are not really suitable...that is they are surrounded by
> white backgrounds. I'd like to modify them.....especially the one
> representing "show the desktop". Can anyone tell me where in the
> directory structure they might be found?
>
> Thanks

Gnome, KDE, others?

Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Frank

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 21:57 +0100, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> On 6 March 2009 21:52:23 Frank McCormick wrote:
> > Looking at my transparent panel in Debian Squeeze I noticed there are a
> > few icons which are not really suitable...that is they are surrounded by
> > white backgrounds. I'd like to modify them.....especially the one
> > representing "show the desktop". Can anyone tell me where in the
> > directory structure they might be found?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Gnome, KDE, others?

Oh, yes, sorry. Gnome.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:07 PM
mond

On Mar 6, 3:30*pm, Frank <debianl...@videotron.ca> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 21:57 +0100, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> > On 6 March 2009 21:52:23 Frank McCormick wrote:
> > > Looking at my transparent panel in Debian Squeeze I noticed there are a
> > > few icons which are not really suitable...that is they are surrounded by
> > > white backgrounds. I'd like to modify them.....especially the one
> > > representing "show the desktop". Can anyone tell me where in the
> > > directory structure they might be found?
>
> > > Thanks
>
> > Gnome, KDE, others?
>
> * Oh, yes, sorry. Gnome.

I think it is related to icon theme and gtk+ theme too. I know some
pixmap theme has this kind of problem due to some unclear description
in gtk file.

Old 03-07-2009, 04:27 AM
"Michael M. Moore"

mond wrote:

Looking at my transparent panel in Debian Squeeze I noticed there are a
few icons which are not really suitable...that is they are surrounded by
white backgrounds. I'd like to modify them.....especially the one
representing "show the desktop". Can anyone tell me where in the
directory structure they might be found?
Thanks

Gnome, KDE, others?

Oh, yes, sorry. Gnome.

I think it is related to icon theme and gtk+ theme too. I know some
pixmap theme has this kind of problem due to some unclear description
in gtk file.

I believe most icons are somewhere in /usr/share/. I don't have GNOME
installed anymore, so I can't check. They might be under
/usr/share/gnome/icons/ or /usr/share/icons/gnome. Some packages have
their own icon directories, like /usr/share/iceweasel/icons or
/usr/share/metacity/icons.

Do 'locate -b icons' and you should find most of your icon directories.

Michael M.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Frank

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 21:27 -0800, Michael M. Moore wrote:
> mond wrote:
> >> Oh, yes, sorry. Gnome.
> >>

> > I think it is related to icon theme and gtk+ theme too. I know some
> > pixmap theme has this kind of problem due to some unclear description
> > in gtk file.
>
> I believe most icons are somewhere in /usr/share/. I don't have GNOME
> installed anymore, so I can't check. They might be under
> /usr/share/gnome/icons/ or /usr/share/icons/gnome. Some packages have
> their own icon directories, like /usr/share/iceweasel/icons or
> /usr/share/metacity/icons.
>
> Do 'locate -b icons' and you should find most of your icon directories.

That found 'em alright. Now I just have to figure out which icon it
uses

Thanks