Old 03-06-2009, 06:44 PM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

Default how to switch language of gnome to Bulgarian

On Friday 06 March 2009 12:23:39 Angelin Lalev wrote:
> locale -a
> ========
>
> bg_BG
> bg_BG.cp1251
> bg_BG.utf8
> en_US.utf8
> POSIX
>

> But after I switch session language in gdm to Bulgarian and start
> gnome or kde I get error,
> saying something about language bg_BG.utf8 is non-existent.

Just guessing, maybe you need to run locale-gen as root?
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))

Old 03-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Michael Wagner

* Angelin Lalev <lalev.angelin@gmail.com> 06.03.2009
> locale -a
> ========
>
> bg_BG
> bg_BG.cp1251
> bg_BG.utf8
> en_US.utf8
> POSIX
>
> But after I switch session language in gdm to Bulgarian and start
> gnome or kde I get error,
> saying something about language bg_BG.utf8 is non-existent.

Hello Angelin,

write in $HOME/.xprofile

--------------------------------+
export LC_MESSAGES="bg_BG.utf8" |
--------------------------------+

I have it for a german enviroment and all is working fine with it.

Hth Michael

--
Having more money does not insure happiness. People with ten million
dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Emanoil Kotsev

Michael Wagner wrote:

> * Angelin Lalev <lalev.angelin@gmail.com> 06.03.2009
>> locale -a
>> ========
>>
>> bg_BG
>> bg_BG.cp1251
>> bg_BG.utf8
>> en_US.utf8
>> POSIX
>>
>> But after I switch session language in gdm to Bulgarian and start
>> gnome or kde I get error,
>> saying something about language bg_BG.utf8 is non-existent.
>
> Hello Angelin,
>
> write in $HOME/.xprofile

> export LC_MESSAGES="bg_BG.utf8" |
>
> I have it for a german enviroment and all is working fine with it.
>
> Hth Michael

export LC_ALL="bg_BG.UTF-8"

tested and working

export does the same as declear by the way

I usually put it into my .profile - then everything speaks bulgarian

regards