Old 03-05-2009, 09:56 PM
"'2+"

Default all config files need .conf

am running sid upgraded from etch always as root
now it when booting ... it brings out a lot of
"all config files need .conf"s ..
it says that things will be ignored in the future ..
my system is a very simple one
then re-installing from the stable-lenny will be the casual way to
solve this problem?
or would it say the same thing anyway?

my sid is on mini9
so ... /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base should not be ignored to bring out the sound

--
SaRiGaMa's Oil Vending Orchestra
is podcasting:

Old 03-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Owen Townend

2009/3/6 '2+ <electriclightheads@gmail.com>:
> am running sid upgraded from etch always as root
> now it when booting ... it brings out a lot of
> "all config files need .conf"s ..
> it says that things will be ignored in the future ..
> my system *is a very simple one
> then re-installing from the stable-lenny will be the casual way to
> solve this problem?
> or would it say the same thing anyway?
>
> my sid is on mini9
> so ... /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base should not be ignored to bring out the sound

This is an upstream change in the handling of modprobe.d file
pattern matching. They are going to be altering it to only match
files with a .conf suffix.
There is a recent discussion on the devel list[0] which, if I understand
correctly, means that as a user it _should_ mean only that any files
you've added manually will need to be renamed in the future.

cheers,
Owen.

footnotes:
--
[0] http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.devel/browse_thread/thread/6f6b86fffac06b72/26ca77d13e7aef17?lnk=raot&pli=1

Old 03-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Javier Payno Pallarés

On Friday 06 March 2009 00:12:25 Owen Townend wrote:
> This is an upstream change in the handling of modprobe.d file
> pattern matching. They are going to be altering it to only match
> files with a .conf suffix.
> There is a recent discussion on the devel list[0] which, if I understand
> correctly, means that as a user it _should_ mean only that any files
> you've added manually will need to be renamed in the future.

thats it, the sistem files are going to be upgraded to the .conf in a few
days, only if u got some configuration file added manualy u need to add
the .conf extension by urself