Old 03-05-2009, 09:10 PM
"Steffen Tronstad"

Default 1000hz preemptive kernel for Debian Lenny AMD64

Title: 1000hz preemptive kernel for Debian Lenny AMD64

Hello!

I’m pretty sure that the kernel included in the distrobution before was 1000Hz, but for some reason one of my server runs at only 250Hz.

I’m using my server to run gameservers and need a high timer. Is there any precompiled kernels (high performance, real-time) that can be downloaded trough apt-get that I can use?

I dont like compiling my own kernels as I have to keep it updated manually when security fixes comes out.

Thanks!

Med vennlig hilsen / with kind regards

Steffen

Old 03-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

Steffen Tronstad wrote:
I ’ m pretty sure that the kernel included in the distrobution before
was 1000Hz, but for some reason one of my server runs at only 250Hz.

I ’ m using my server to run gameservers and need a high timer. Is there
any precompiled kernels (high performance, real-time) that can be
downloaded trough apt-get that I can use?

I dont like compiling my own kernels as I have to keep it updated
manually when security fixes comes out.

I'm interested in this as well. Currently I have my own kernel compiled
to run my HLDS and SRCDS server; I couldn't find a ready made one. I
don't even think there exists one.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Emanoil Kotsev

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> Steffen Tronstad wrote:
>> I ’ m pretty sure that the kernel included in the distrobution before
>> was 1000Hz, but for some reason one of my server runs at only 250Hz.
>>
>> I ’ m using my server to run gameservers and need a high timer. Is there
>> any precompiled kernels (high performance, real-time) that can be
>> downloaded trough apt-get that I can use?
>>
>> I dont like compiling my own kernels as I have to keep it updated
>> manually when security fixes comes out.
>
> I'm interested in this as well. Currently I have my own kernel compiled
> to run my HLDS and SRCDS server; I couldn't find a ready made one. I
> don't even think there exists one.

why not packaging them and making a repo somewhere / contribute

regards