Old 03-05-2009, 01:54 PM
Jason Voorhees

Default MailScanner package in Lenny

Hi people:

I can't find mailscanner package in Lenny. I'm using main, contrib and
non-free repositories. Does anybody know why this package have been
removed from Lenny? Is it available in another official debian
repository?

Thanks, bye

Old 03-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Bob Cox

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 09:54:27 -0500, Jason Voorhees (jvoorhees1@gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi people:
>
> I can't find mailscanner package in Lenny. I'm using main, contrib and
> non-free repositories. Does anybody know why this package have been
> removed from Lenny?

I think this is the answer to that:

> Is it available in another official debian
> repository?

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=mailscanner

Please reply to the list only. Do NOT send copies directly to me.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Jason Voorhees

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Bob Cox <debian-user@lists.bobcox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 09:54:27 -0500, Jason Voorhees (jvoorhees1@gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Hi people:
>>
>> I can't find mailscanner package in Lenny. I'm using main, contrib and
>> non-free repositories. Does anybody know why this package have been
>> removed from Lenny?
>
> I think this is the answer to that:

>> Is it available in another official debian
>> repository?
>
> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=mailscanner

I'm sorry to know that mailscanner wasn't included in Lenny. But I'm
glad to know that this decision was taken to improve security of the
operating system.

Debian Rulez!

Thanks for your replies