Old 03-05-2009, 02:32 AM
Rick Pasotto

Default gconftool-2

I keep my system updated daily to testing and that may be the problem
but still there's something I don't understand.

I have a script that is run by cron every 15 minutes to change the
background on my screen. Recently the script stopped working. The
strange thing is that if I run the script from the command line it works
as it always has. Actually, the script runs and does everything *except*
change the background. The line to do this is:

gconftool-2 -t str --set /desktop/gnome/background/picture_filename $FileName

Why would that line not work when executed in a script run by cron even
though it does work when the script is executed from the command line?

--
"The best way to raise positive children in a negative world is to have
positive parents who love them unconditionally and serve as excellent