Old 03-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Pet

Default Old PHP on new Debian

Hi all,

I'd like to install newest version of Debian available, but with one
of older releases of PHP (5.1.6). Is it possible? How can I accomplish
this?

Thanks, Pet

Old 03-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Stephan

Install the version of Debian you'd like (Lenny I assume, unless you're
looking for unstable or volatile versions) then

aptitude remove php5

then install the version of php you want.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Andrew Malcolmson

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Stephan <geek@wickedclips.net> wrote:
> Install the version of Debian you'd like (Lenny I assume, unless you're
> looking for unstable or volatile versions) then
>
> aptitude remove php5
>
> then install the version of php you want.
>
> Pet wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to install newest version of Debian available, but with one
>> of older releases of PHP (5.1.6). Is it possible? How can I accomplish
>> this?

I believe this version would have been released under Sarge.
Searching packages.debian.org doesn't help as it doesn't search back
further than 'oldstable' or Etch.

I see my mirror no longer provides Sarge package lists.

Maybe the OP should download this older version from the PHP site and
unpack to /usr/local.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Pet

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Andrew Malcolmson <andmalc@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Stephan <geek@wickedclips.net> wrote:
>> Install the version of Debian you'd like (Lenny I assume, unless you're
>> looking for unstable or volatile versions) then
>>
>> aptitude remove php5
>>
>> then install the version of php you want.
>>
>> Pet wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'd like to install newest version of Debian available, but with one
>>> of older releases of PHP (5.1.6). Is it possible? How can I accomplish
>>> this?
>
> I believe this version would have been released under Sarge.
> Searching packages.debian.org doesn't help as it doesn't search back
> further than 'oldstable' or Etch.
>
> I see my mirror no longer provides Sarge package lists.
>
> Maybe the OP should download this older version from the PHP site and
> unpack to /usr/local.

I've installed Lenny without PHP and then compiled the needed version
from sources.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Florian Weimer

* Pet:

> I'd like to install newest version of Debian available, but with one
> of older releases of PHP (5.1.6). Is it possible? How can I accomplish
> this?

For a while, PHP 5.1.6 hasn't been available in a released Debian
distribution.

Could you post your /etc/apt/sources.list file?

Old 03-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Pet

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
> * Pet:
>
>> I'd like to install newest version of Debian available, but with one
>> of older releases of PHP (5.1.6). Is it possible? How can I accomplish
>> this?
>
> For a while, PHP 5.1.6 hasn't been available in a released Debian
> distribution.
>
> Could you post your /etc/apt/sources.list file?

sure

/etc/apt/sources.list

#
# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.0 _Lenny_ - Official i386 DVD
Binary-1 20090214-16:54]/ lenny contrib main

#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.0 _Lenny_ - Official i386 DVD
Binary-1 20090214-16:54]/ lenny contrib main

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ lenny main
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ lenny main

deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib

deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main contrib
deb-src http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile lenny/volatile main contrib
~
~

I've downloaded .tar from www.php.net

Old 03-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Florian Weimer

* Pet:

> /etc/apt/sources.list

This looks fine. How did you figure out that you had installed PHP
5.1.6?

Old 03-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Adrian Levi

2009/3/8 Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>:
> * Pet:
>
>> /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> This looks fine. *How did you figure out that you had installed PHP
> 5.1.6?

He doesn't have it installed, he wants it installed.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Pet

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Adrian Levi <adrian.levi@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/3/8 Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>:
>> * Pet:
>>
>>> /etc/apt/sources.list
>>
>> This looks fine. *How did you figure out that you had installed PHP
>> 5.1.6?

:~$ php -v

PHP 5.1.6 (cgi) (built: Mar 5 2009 18:02:04)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

Old 03-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Florian Weimer

* Adrian Levi:

> 2009/3/8 Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>:
>> * Pet:
>>
>>> /etc/apt/sources.list
>>
>> This looks fine. *How did you figure out that you had installed PHP
>> 5.1.6?
>
> He doesn't have it installed, he wants it installed.

Ah, stupid me.

Pet, PHP 5.1.6 is out of security support by upstream. You might run
into significant issues by using it.