Old 03-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Teemu Likonen

Default Mailing-list conventions

On 2009-03-04 08:22 (-0500), Michael Marsh wrote:

> If you go to lists.debian.org and click on the first link
> (introduction to Debian mailing lists), there's a Code of Conduct that
> includes, among other things:

I do know all that. Thank you.

I just said that this "we are on a mailing list so no need to CC" is not
universally valid reasoning. Valid explanation is that "in Debian lists
we do this". And this is not about me in particular; I know the code on
Debian lists.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:13 PM
David Jardine

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 03:37:08PM +0200, Teemu Likonen wrote:
> On 2009-03-04 13:21 (UTC), Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> > Not on Debian mailing lists:
>
> On 2009-03-04 08:22 (-0500), Michael Marsh wrote:
>
> > If you go to lists.debian.org and click on the first link
> > (introduction to Debian mailing lists), there's a Code of Conduct that
> > includes, among other things:
>
> I do know all that. Thank you.
>
> I just said that this "we are on a mailing list so no need to CC" is not

If I remember correctly, the phrase was "we are on the mailing list...",
which is quite a different thing. Please don't twist people's words.
If I in fact remember incorrectly, I take that all back

> universally valid reasoning. Valid explanation is that "in Debian lists
> we do this". And this is not about me in particular; I know the code on
> Debian lists.

"Running Debian/GNU Linux and
loving every minute of it." -L. von Sacher-M. (1835-1895)