Old 03-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

Default Mailing-list conventions (was: what's the difference and superior between gtk+ and gecko?)

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 02:56:34PM +0200, Teemu Likonen wrote:
> On 2009-03-04 13:31 (+0100), Thierry Chatelet wrote:
>
> > PS: Don't CC people unless they say it specificaly, as we are on the
> > mailing list.
>
> For your information, there are _lots_ of mailing lists where "reply to
> all" is the norm. So being on a mailing list is not the reason per se.

Not on Debian mailing lists:

> And who know who are on the list anyway?

He is someone who has read
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct in the past and wanted
to remind you of it.

> People join and leave all the
> time and often skip messages and threads when they have no time to read
> all.

Which is why they may need to be reminded of
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct under certain
circumstances :-)

> I'm not trying to question the conventions on this particular list. It's
> good idea to obey list policy and conventions. But they are not always
> obvious for people because, as I said, conventions differ.

have trimmed irrelevant parts from my reply, hence this paragraph and
the one above it should not have been included. But I wouldn't want to
miss an opportunity to reference
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct .

P.S. The mailing list code of conduct could be found at
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct . Not sure if I've
mentioned that already.

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best