Old 03-04-2009, 10:01 AM
Hal Vaughan

Default Which C++ Library am I Looking For?

I have a program that compiled fine on Etch, but when I compile it on
Lenny, it's looking for a function called transform. I've tried
comparing library lists of the libs installed on the Etch system and
the Lenny one, but it's a long list. As best I can tell, transform is
in a standard C++ library and it looks like those are installed on the
Lenny system.

I've tried Google, but with the keywords of C++, library, and
transform, it's hard to narrow it down and find just what package I'm
looking for.

Any help on this would be a big help. Any C++ coders out there who
can suggest what library/package I need to install?

Thanks!

Hal

Old 03-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Nikos Chantziaras

Hal Vaughan wrote:
I have a program that compiled fine on Etch, but when I compile it on
Lenny, it's looking for a function called transform. I've tried
comparing library lists of the libs installed on the Etch system and the
Lenny one, but it's a long list. As best I can tell, transform is in a
standard C++ library and it looks like those are installed on the Lenny
system.

I've tried Google, but with the keywords of C++, library, and transform,
it's hard to narrow it down and find just what package I'm looking for.

Any help on this would be a big help. Any C++ coders out there who can
suggest what library/package I need to install?

You need:

#include <algorithm>

to use this function.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Hal Vaughan

I have a program that compiled fine on Etch, but when I compile it
on Lenny, it's looking for a function called transform. I've tried
comparing library lists of the libs installed on the Etch system
and the Lenny one, but it's a long list. As best I can tell,
transform is in a standard C++ library and it looks like those are
installed on the Lenny system.
I've tried Google, but with the keywords of C++, library, and
transform, it's hard to narrow it down and find just what package
I'm looking for.
Any help on this would be a big help. Any C++ coders out there who
can suggest what library/package I need to install?

You need:

#include <algorithm>

to use this function.

Thanks!

That makes that line work, now it's choking on other functions (in
this case memtest). I'll just take it one function at a time and
figure out what I need to include for each one. Now that I know what
the issue is, I can deal with it.

What's changed between Etch and Lenny to make this difference?

Hal

Old 03-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Sven Joachim

On 2009-03-04 15:53 +0100, Hal Vaughan wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2009, at 7:17 AM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>
>> You need:
>>
>> #include <algorithm>
>>
>> to use this function.
>
> Thanks!
>
> That makes that line work, now it's choking on other functions (in
> this case memtest). I'll just take it one function at a time and
> figure out what I need to include for each one. Now that I know what
> the issue is, I can deal with it.
>
> What's changed between Etch and Lenny to make this difference?

The C++ compiler, see http://www.cyrius.com/journal/gcc/gcc-4.3-include
for details.

Sven