Old 03-04-2009, 12:42 AM
Steven Demetrius

Default Debian and Linux related training video

FYI

The following site as Debian and Linux training video materials on sale
at reasonable prices.

http://www.pctech101.com/
http://www.pctech101.com/linux-training/distribution-training/debian-training
http://www.pctech101.com/linux-training/distribution-training/samba-training

Though their Debian GNU/Linux video training CDs are for version 3.1. I
still found it very helpful. For newbies it helps to give a full
understanding of how Debian works and how to administer it. It even
covers IP Tables. It includes real examples that you can try. They ship
worldwide.

There is also a DVD for samba training.

You will need flash in order to view the videos. Please note that on
Linux systems (at least in my case Debian 4 and 5) it only seems to work
with Adobe Flash Player plugin. I could not get it to work with the
"free" Flash Player plugins.

You can get additional multimedia packages for Debian by adding the
following line to you apt-get sources.list

deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org lenny main (for lenny/stable)
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org squeeze main (for squeeze/testing)

Please read the FAQ on the site before using the repository.
http://debian-multimedia.org/faq.php

Please note that I am not affiliated with PCTech101 in anyway.

I found the material offered to be very helpful when I started using
Debian and even now. I do know how frustrating it can be when trying to
understand Debian and Linux as a newbie and reading HOWTOs can be very
discouraging as they are more for reference than for learning. Try
reading the HOWTOs and online instructions for SAMBA or SWAT.

Note: If you decide to flame me for posting this email please re-read
the email and give it some thought first.

Thank you
Steven Demetrius