Old 03-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Sander Marechal

Default Lotus Symphony messed up the icons of ODF files. How to restore?

Hi all,

Hi. I have a problem with the icons for ODF files (using Lenny, Gnome).
I had Lotus Symphony installed and removed it again promptly (what a
terrible app!). When it was installed, it changed the icons of ODF files
to match it's own icons. After removing Symphony again the old icons
that Debian uses out of the box were not restored. I now have these
terrible (XPM?) icons instead: http://www.jejik.com/sander/temp/odf-icon.png

Does anyone know how to restore the original icons? How does
Gnome/Debian map icons anyway? The filetype itself does seem to work.
When I click on an ODF file OpenOffice.org opens as it should.

The Lotus Symphony package I installed was the Ubuntu 8.04 package from
the IBM website. It installed and ran perfectly on Debian Lenny. I just
don't like it at all so I removed it again.

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Sander Marechal