Old 03-03-2009, 06:24 PM
"Daniel Aleksandersen"

Default Turn off monitor after inactivity

Hi list

My notebook’s screen turns blank when left inactive for a couple of minutes. I
want it to turn off instead, and turn back on when I start typing. How do I
achieve this?

I have installed a base system and the laptop packages.

Hoping for answers,
--
Daniel

Old 03-03-2009, 06:29 PM
Daniel Lannstrom

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 08:24:44PM +0100, Daniel Aleksandersen wrote:
> Hi list
>
> My notebook’s screen turns blank when left inactive for a couple of minutes. I
> want it to turn off instead, and turn back on when I start typing. How do I
> achieve this?
>
> I have installed a base system and the laptop packages.
>
> Hoping for answers,
> --
> Daniel

I think this is possible to configure with the xset(1) tool. You might
want to add a line to your .xinitrc file to make it set this up when you
start Xorg.