Old 03-03-2009, 05:07 AM
Star Liu

Default how to lock my desktop(gnome) ?

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Daryl Styrk <darylstyrk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Star Liu wrote:
>>
>> Is there any simple way to lock my desktop? I cannot find the button
>> to lock my desktop. thanks
>>

> <Ctrl>+<Alt>+<l>

but it does not really lock the desktop, I mean it doesn't require me
to input password to recover, how to lock the desktop with password
protect? thanks

Old 03-03-2009, 05:10 AM
Daryl Styrk

Star Liu wrote:

Is there any simple way to lock my desktop? I cannot find the button
to lock my desktop. thanks

<Ctrl>+<Alt>+<l>

but it does not really lock the desktop, I mean it doesn't require me
to input password to recover, how to lock the desktop with password
protect? thanks

That's odd. Works here fine. Try to enable Lock screen when
screensaver is enabled in System>Preferences>Screensaver

Old 03-03-2009, 05:12 AM
Star Liu

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Kousik Maiti <kousikster@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you login in your system as root user? Because from root user you can't
> lock screen. Login as other user and see wheather it work?
yes, i'm root, thank you.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:14 AM
Daryl Styrk

Star Liu wrote:

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Kousik Maiti <kousikster@gmail.com> wrote:

Are you login in your system as root user? Because from root user you can't
lock screen. Login as other user and see wheather it work?

yes, i'm root, thank you.

Logging in as root is not a real good idea.