Old 03-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Rodrigo Hashimoto

Default Debian needs ENTER to continue boot process

Hey there,

Something very weird is happening in my OS. I just compiled the kernel 2.6.28.7 and to boot my machine I need to press ENTER many times during the boot process. I've never seen anything similar to this issue.

It's like to run the command:

# cat /var/log/messages|less

Then you can press ENTER to see the next line, right ? So, that's it what is happening during the boot process.

Does anyone have any idea ??

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Rodrigo Hashimoto

Just to complement,

I must press the ENTER key for many times, or the POWER KEY only once, it worked as well but I pressed it only once and the boot continue fine.

Thanks

Old 03-03-2009, 02:53 PM
"thveillon.debian"

Rodrigo Hashimoto wrote :
> Just to complement,
>
> I must press the ENTER key for many times, or the POWER KEY only once,
> it worked as well but I pressed it only once and the boot continue fine.
>
> Thanks
>

> On Mon, 2009-03-02 at 20:26 -0300, Rodrigo Hashimoto wrote:
>> Hey there,
>>
>> Something very weird is happening in my OS. I just compiled the kernel
>> 2.6.28.7 and to boot my machine I need to press ENTER many times
>> during the boot process. I've never seen anything similar to this issue.
>>
>> It's like to run the command:
>>
>> # cat /var/log/messages|less
>>
>> Then you can press ENTER to see the next line, right ? So, that's it
>> what is happening during the boot process.
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea ??
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I tried compiling this kernel (2.6.28.7) from kernel.org and no problem
here. Maybe something in your config, it looks like an "interactive boot
mode" or a debug option to me.

Tom