Old 03-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Angelin Lalev

Default mythtv on debian 5.0 (etch)

Greetings,

It seems that there is no "default" package for mythtv in Debian 5.0,
so I have some questions to ask.

1. Which one of the "unofficial" mythtv packages should I choose (and
how to insure that it won't compromise my system)?
2. Is there any up-to-date manual about setting up mythtv and video
capture devices in general?
3. Is there some other software (other than Zapping and Xawtv, which
seem to fail badly even on start)?