Old 03-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Dancing Fingers

Default Linux and Assistive Technology

Hi guys,
I kind of volunteered myself to help do a presentation on Assistive
Technology, for people with disabilities, and Linux. Does any body
know of good linux-specific resources that would help with my
research?

Thanks.
Chris

Old 03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
"thveillon.debian"

Dancing Fingers wrote :
> Hi guys,
> I kind of volunteered myself to help do a presentation on Assistive
> Technology, for people with disabilities, and Linux. Does any body
> know of good linux-specific resources that would help with my
> research?
>
> Thanks.
> Chris

Hi,
I'm no expert, but I just happened to try Knoppix 6

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix60-en.html

It fully integrates the Orca accessibility framework, and default to the
ADRIANE "speaking desktop".

http://live.gnome.org/Orca

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-adriane/index-en.html

Maybe it can lead you to more resources, and would be a good live-cd for
demonstration purpose.

Tom