Old 03-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Umarzuki Mochlis

Default pppd hung up

Sometimes, pppd hung up after awhile though on Ubuntu it retries endlessly. It seems that /dev/ttyUSB0 (the modem) suddenly disappeared. I wonder what could've caused it. Can somebody guide me on tackling this problem?

--> Connect time 61.2 minutes.
--> Disconnecting at Mon Mar* 2 19:11:12 2009
--> The PPP daemon has died: A modem hung up the phone (exit code = 16)
--> man pppd explains pppd error codes in more detail.

--> Try again and look into /var/log/messages and the wvdial and pppd man pages for more information.
--> Auto Reconnect will be attempted in 5 seconds
--> Cannot open /dev/ttyUSB0: No such file or directory

http://gameornot.net