Old 03-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Default iceweasel resume download fails after reboot

Hi,

Trying to download VMware-server-2.0.0-122956.

I prefer to use wget but there is no link for it to use on the download
page of VMware. Anybody had better luck?

So I use Iceweasel's download. That works. And resume works as long as
you don't reboot the machine. When you do reboot and use the download
tool he cancels the download and says "cannot find source file".

Anybody able to use download resume across reboots?

Hugo

Old 03-02-2009, 02:42 PM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 06:24:18AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> Anybody able to use download resume across reboots?

I manually copy the URL to ~/uldl/wget.list

Then I run wget -c -i wget.list

I have wget aliased as
alias wget='/usr/bin/wget -t 0 --read-timeout=60'

since I'm on dialup.

Doug.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Douglas A. Tutty wrote:

Anybody able to use download resume across reboots?

I manually copy the URL to ~/uldl/wget.list

Then I run wget -c -i wget.list

I have wget aliased as
alias wget='/usr/bin/wget -t 0 --read-timeout=60'

since I'm on dialup.

Me too. We must be the only 2 left ;-)

But copying the URL to untitled.asc and then

wget -c -i /home/hugo/untitled.asc

doesn't get me the 530MB tar file but

login.php?product=server20

A chunk of html what the URL points to and what gets executed correctly
only when you let Iceweasel do the download. But then I can't resume
across reboots...

Hugo

Old 03-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Hugo Vanwoerkom

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Hi,

Trying to download VMware-server-2.0.0-122956.

I prefer to use wget but there is no link for it to use on the download
page of VMware. Anybody had better luck?

So I use Iceweasel's download. That works. And resume works as long as
you don't reboot the machine. When you do reboot and use the download
tool he cancels the download and says "cannot find source file".

Anybody able to use download resume across reboots?

Sure enough, using Iceweasel download it quit at 3:24AM without leaving
a reason and not able to resume... What a piece of garbage.

But googling on VMware-server-2.0.0-122956.i386.tar.gz I found and
education site that has the file with a URL so I am able to use wget.

Hugo