Old 03-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Frank Bonnet

Default Where is PHP5 sybase_ct package ?

Bob Cox wrote:
On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 09:42:49 +0100, Frank Bonnet (f.bonnet@esiee.fr) wrote:

Hello

We intensively use the sybase_ct package witn inhouse PHP 5 applications
this one do not exist anymore in Lenny distro ...

Anyone has some links/tricks/workaround to make it work with
the Lenny release ?

bob@trantor:~$ apt-file search sybase_ct
php4-sybase: /usr/lib/php4/20050606+lfs/sybase_ct.so
php5-sybase: /etc/php5/conf.d/sybase_ct.ini
php5-sybase: /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/sybase_ct.so

bob@trantor:~$ apt-cache policy php5-sybase
php5-sybase:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: 5.2.6.dfsg.1-3
Version table:
5.2.6.dfsg.1-3 0
990 http://ftp.uk.debian.org testing/main Packages
500 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main Packages
5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2 0
500 http://ftp.uk.debian.org stable/main Packages
500 http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages

So, package php5-sybase is available for stable, testing and unstable.
Is that what you are looking for?

Well this module is not available for me

pdc:~# apt-cache policy php5-sybase
php5-sybase:
Installed: 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2
Candidate: 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2
Version table:
*** 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2 0
500 http://ftp.us.debian.org lenny/main Packages
500 http://security.debian.org lenny/updates/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
pdc:~# apt-file search sybase_ct

pdc:~# dpkg -l | grep php5
ii libapache2-mod-php5 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2
server-side, HTML-embedded scripting languag
ii php5 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2
server-side, HTML-embedded scripting languag
ii php5-cli 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2
command-line interpreter for the php5 script
ii php5-common 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2
Common files for packages built from the php
ii php5-gd 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2 GD
module for php5
ii php5-ldap 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2
LDAP module for php5
ii php5-mcrypt 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2
MCrypt module for php5
ii php5-mysql 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2
MySQL module for php5
ii php5-sybase 5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2
Sybase / MS SQL Server module for php5

Old 03-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Bob Cox

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 10:40:33 +0100, Frank Bonnet (f.bonnet@esiee.fr) wrote:

> Bob Cox wrote:

[snip]

>> So, package php5-sybase is available for stable, testing and unstable.
>> Is that what you are looking for?
>>

> Well this module is not available for me

Sorry. Yes, it seems that the module you are looking for is only
available from the etch version of the php5-sybase package:

http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=etch&arch=any&searchon=contents&keywo rds=sybase_ct.so

Please reply to the list only. Do NOT send copies directly to me.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Bob Cox

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 13:53:12 +0100, Frank Bonnet (f.bonnet@esiee.fr) wrote:

> Bob Cox wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 10:40:33 +0100, Frank Bonnet
>> (f.bonnet@esiee.fr) wrote:
>>
>>> Bob Cox wrote:
>>
>> [snip]

>>> Well this module is not available for me
>>
>> Sorry. Yes, it seems that the module you are looking for is only
>> available from the etch version of the php5-sybase package:
>>
>> http://packages.debian.org/search?suite=etch&arch=any&searchon=contents&keywo rds=sybase_ct.so
>>

> Do you know why ?

Sorry, but I know absolutely nothing about this package (nor PHP in
general). However, take a look at the changelog for the php5-sybase
package at
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/p/php5/php5_5.2.6.dfsg.1-1+lenny2/changelog
and search through it for 'sybase' - you may find something useful (for
instance one line which says "Switch php5-sybase to use the mssql
extension instead of the sybase_ct extension."

Please reply to the list only. Do NOT send copies directly to me.

Old 03-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Frank Bonnet

Bob Cox wrote:
[...]

OK I've tested into ONE of our PHP script and it seems that replacing
sybase_xxx by mssql_xxx function calls make the script works again ...

I have now to test ALL our scripts ... which are numerous ...

Old 03-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Frank Bonnet

Frank Bonnet wrote:

Bob Cox wrote:
[...]

Well ... not all functions compatibles ...

it seems the Debian packaged version does not match my needings ...
the PHP recompilation from sources seems an option.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Frank Bonnet

Frank Bonnet wrote:

Frank Bonnet wrote:

Bob Cox wrote:
[...]

Would be *great* if the maintainer(s) of the php5-sybase package could
give me all arguments passed into the configure script ...

Thanks

Old 03-02-2009, 08:09 PM
Florian Kulzer

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 16:40:39 +0100, Frank Bonnet wrote:

[...]

> Would be *great* if the maintainer(s) of the php5-sybase package could
> give me all arguments passed into the configure script ...

You can run

apt-get source php5-sybase

and look at the commands in php5-5.2.6.dfsg.1/debian/rules.

Florian |

Old 03-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Frank Bonnet

Florian Kulzer wrote:

Would be *great* if the maintainer(s) of the php5-sybase package could
give me all arguments passed into the configure script ...

You can run

apt-get source php5-sybase

and look at the commands in php5-5.2.6.dfsg.1/debian/rules.

OK thanks a lot , gonna do that.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Frank Bonnet

Frank Bonnet wrote:

Florian Kulzer wrote:

Would be *great* if the maintainer(s) of the php5-sybase package
could give me all arguments passed into the configure script ...

You can run

apt-get source php5-sybase

and look at the commands in php5-5.2.6.dfsg.1/debian/rules.

OK thanks a lot , gonna do that.

well I haven't luck with it ... it is not possible to
compile sybtcl that is required to build sybase-ct module ...