Old 02-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Alejandro Rodriguez Luna

Default Kernel AMD 64

Hi, i just installed a new server runnign Debian, my server has a AMD 64 X2 processor, i'd like to know which one is the best kernel for this processor.
by the way, it has 2GB ram.

linux-image-2.6-686 OR
linux-image-2.6-amd6

Old 02-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Jerome BENOIT

Hello Alejandro,

the question is rather if you want to make your server a 32 bits machine (686) or a 64 bits machine (amd64) ?

If you server is meant to crunch data, the 64 bits choice may be the relevant one.

hth,
Jerome

Alejandro Rodriguez Luna wrote:

Hi, i just installed a new server runnign Debian, my server has a AMD 64 X2 processor, i'd like to know which one is the best kernel for this processor.
by the way, it has 2GB ram.

linux-image-2.6-686 OR
linux-image-2.6-amd6

Correo Yahoo!