Old 02-20-2009, 10:07 PM
Derek Woodley

Default Debian 5

Hi I like to use your debian 5, once it is installed it will not run
because my monitor stats it is 50Hz to 60Hz, because of this a white
small screen comes onto my monitor stating out of range, is this right
that i cannot run your o/s because my monitor is out of range of your
o/s thanks Derek

Old 02-20-2009, 10:32 PM
Kent West

Derek Woodley wrote:
> Hi I like to use your debian 5, once it is installed it will not run
> because my monitor stats it is 50Hz to 60Hz, because of this a white
> small screen comes onto my monitor stating out of range, is this right
> that i cannot run your o/s because my monitor is out of range of your
> o/s thanks Derek

Debian is running; it's just that the X11 Windowing system is
overdriving your monitor.

Try pressing Ctrl-Alt-Pluskey (on the number pad) a few times, waiting 2
or three seconds between each press; this will cycle through the various
available resolutions, which might give you a usable screen.

You can also press Ctrl-Alt-F1 to switch to the first virtual terminal
(VT1), where you can log in via a text-based mode, where you'll have
access to tweak the X system.

--
Kent West <")))><