Old 02-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Vadim Kolchev

Default Gnome system sounds

I want to enable gnome system sounds to have sound when i login and
logout and from different events. Installed gnome-audio package, but
still got no sound. What else should be done here?

Old 02-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Daryl Styrk

Vadim Kolchev wrote:
> I want to enable gnome system sounds to have sound when i login and
> logout and from different events. Installed gnome-audio package, but
> still got no sound. What else should be done here?

System>Preferences>Sound Preferences

Should be the second tab labeled Sound. You'll need to Enable sofware
sound mixing (ESD) then Play system sounds.. You'll then be able to
select which sounds play and then.