FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Debian > Debian User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-20-2009, 05:42 PM
"H.S."
 
Default fish://host protocol died unexpectedly

Though I should start a new thread for this after I posted about this
just now as a response to another user.

Just a heads up in Testing. It appears there is a bug in konqueror or
something because when I try to fish://user@host I get
-------------------------------------------
An error occurred while loading fish://user@host:
The process for the fish://host protocol died unexpectedly.
-------------------------------------------

The remote host is running Debian Unstable. I tried this with a
different host which is running Ubuntu Hardy (the LTS release) and got
the same problem.

Not sure what is going on since it used to work before flawlessly.

Regards.
--

Please reply to this list only. I read this list on its corresponding
newsgroup on gmane.org. Replies sent to my email address are just
filtered to a folder in my mailbox and get periodically deleted without
ever having been read.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Sam Leon
 
Default fish://host protocol died unexpectedly

H.S. wrote:

Though I should start a new thread for this after I posted about this
just now as a response to another user.

Just a heads up in Testing. It appears there is a bug in konqueror or
something because when I try to fish://user@host I get
-------------------------------------------
An error occurred while loading fish://user@host:
The process for the fish://host protocol died unexpectedly.
-------------------------------------------

The remote host is running Debian Unstable. I tried this with a
different host which is running Ubuntu Hardy (the LTS release) and got
the same problem.

Not sure what is going on since it used to work before flawlessly.

Regards.



fish was very buggy at one time. Not sure if anyone fixed it. Try
using sftp://user@host


If that fails then ssh is throwing back an error. Trying connecting to
the remote machine using the same user with ssh in a console and it
might throw back an error about the host key changing or something...


Sam


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-20-2009, 09:44 PM
"H.S."
 
Default fish://host protocol died unexpectedly

Sam Leon wrote:
> H.S. wrote:
>> Though I should start a new thread for this after I posted about this
>> just now as a response to another user.
>>
>> Just a heads up in Testing. It appears there is a bug in konqueror or
>> something because when I try to fish://user@host I get
>> -------------------------------------------
>> An error occurred while loading fish://user@host:
>> The process for the fish://host protocol died unexpectedly.
>> -------------------------------------------
>>
>> The remote host is running Debian Unstable. I tried this with a
>> different host which is running Ubuntu Hardy (the LTS release) and got
>> the same problem.

> If that fails then ssh is throwing back an error. Trying connecting to
> the remote machine using the same user with ssh in a console and it
> might throw back an error about the host key changing or something...
>
> Sam
>
>


ssh and scp work fine to that machine. Only fish doesn't.

->HS

--

Please reply to this list only. I read this list on its corresponding
newsgroup on gmane.org. Replies sent to my email address are just
filtered to a folder in my mailbox and get periodically deleted without
ever having been read.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Jonathan Kaye
 
Default fish://host protocol died unexpectedly

H.S. wrote:

> Sam Leon wrote:
>> H.S. wrote:
>>> Though I should start a new thread for this after I posted about this
>>> just now as a response to another user.
>>>
>>> Just a heads up in Testing. It appears there is a bug in konqueror or
>>> something because when I try to fish://user@host I get
>>> -------------------------------------------
>>> An error occurred while loading fish://user@host:
>>> The process for the fish://host protocol died unexpectedly.
>>> -------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> The remote host is running Debian Unstable. I tried this with a
>>> different host which is running Ubuntu Hardy (the LTS release) and got
>>> the same problem.
>
>> If that fails then ssh is throwing back an error. Trying connecting to
>> the remote machine using the same user with ssh in a console and it
>> might throw back an error about the host key changing or something...
>>
>> Sam
>>
>>
>
>
> ssh and scp work fine to that machine. Only fish doesn't.
>
> ->HS
>
I've had exactly the same error from Konqueror using fish:// protocol. It
seems to be sporadic and unpredictable. Sometimes it does it and sometimes
the connection is made with no problem. Who knows why? Mostly it works
though.
cheers,
Jonathan
--
Registerd Linux user #445917 at http://counter.li.org/


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 
Old 02-23-2009, 06:48 PM
"H.S."
 
Default fish://host protocol died unexpectedly

Jonathan Kaye wrote:
> H.S. wrote:
>
>> Sam Leon wrote:
>>> H.S. wrote:
>>>> Though I should start a new thread for this after I posted about this
>>>> just now as a response to another user.
>>>>
>>>> Just a heads up in Testing. It appears there is a bug in konqueror or
>>>> something because when I try to fish://user@host I get
>>>> -------------------------------------------
>>>> An error occurred while loading fish://user@host:
>>>> The process for the fish://host protocol died unexpectedly.
>>>> -------------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> The remote host is running Debian Unstable. I tried this with a
>>>> different host which is running Ubuntu Hardy (the LTS release) and got
>>>> the same problem.
>>> If that fails then ssh is throwing back an error. Trying connecting to
>>> the remote machine using the same user with ssh in a console and it
>>> might throw back an error about the host key changing or something...
>>>
>>> Sam
>>>
>>>
>>
>> ssh and scp work fine to that machine. Only fish doesn't.
>>
>> ->HS
>>
> I've had exactly the same error from Konqueror using fish:// protocol. It
> seems to be sporadic and unpredictable. Sometimes it does it and sometimes
> the connection is made with no problem. Who knows why? Mostly it works
> though.
> cheers,
> Jonathan

You are right. It is working now. I have not updated this machine of
mine since last try so nothing has changed on my end.

I had reported this problem while connecting to two different machines
(one Sid, the other Ubuntu Hardy) and got exactly same problem. Now
connecting to both the machines work.

fish is kind of fishy here


--

Please reply to this list only. I read this list on its corresponding
newsgroup on gmane.org. Replies sent to my email address are just
filtered to a folder in my mailbox and get periodically deleted without
ever having been read.


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:29 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org