Old 02-20-2009, 05:40 PM
"H.S."

Default scp GUI?

H.S. wrote:
> Nagy Daniel wrote:
>> Is there a GUI for SCP? I mean like browsing through scp just like in a
>> folder, in Midnight Commander.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>

> In KDE, try in Konqueror:
> fish://user@host

Just a heads up in Testing. It appears there is a bug in konqueror or
something because when I try to fish://user@host I get
An error occurred while loading fish://user@host:
The process for the fish://host protocol died unexpectedly.

The remote host is running Debian Unstable.

Not sure what is going on since it used to work before flawlessly.

Regards.

> to browse the folders at 'host' machine.
>
> In gnome you can do something similar by Places->Connect to network (I
> think).
>
> Regards.

ever having been read.

Old 02-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 06:48:47PM +0100, Nagy Daniel wrote:
> Is there a GUI for SCP? I mean like browsing through scp just like in a
> folder, in Midnight Commander.

Not a GUI, but I browse a remote folder using:

$ scp servername:tmp/apt<tab><tab>
tmp/apter tmp/apt.he.po.diff

'servername' is a Host set in ~/.ssh/config.

This works the best when I already have an ssh connection to that
server, as the control socket is reused. It also works if I have
password-less authentication to that server using a key, but maybe not
as fast.

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend

Old 02-20-2009, 06:49 PM
Nagy Daniel

I want to "scp gui" into a dd-wrt router, but it say's:

sh: /usr/libexec/sftp-server: not found

remote host has disconnected

I'm searching for an "scp gui", not sftp, I tried filezilla, fish, mc, gnome-connect, sshfs [fuse]

Is there any way?

Old 02-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Tzafrir Cohen

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 08:49:12PM +0100, Nagy Daniel wrote:
> I want to "scp gui" into a dd-wrt router, but it say's:
>
> sh: /usr/libexec/sftp-server: not found
>
> remote host has disconnected
>
> I'm searching for an "scp gui", not sftp, I tried filezilla, fish, mc,
> gnome-connect, sshfs [fuse]

sftp requires sftp enabled on the server . scp might work without that.

http://tzafrir.org.il | | a Mutt's
tzafrir@cohens.org.il | | best
ICQ# 16849754 | | friend

Old 02-20-2009, 10:05 PM
"Douglas A. Tutty"

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 06:48:47PM +0100, Nagy Daniel wrote:
> Is there a GUI for SCP? I mean like browsing through scp just like in a
> folder, in Midnight Commander.

I think that gftp can do it too.

Doug.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Emanoil Kotsev

Nagy Daniel wrote:

> Is there a GUI for SCP? I mean like browsing through scp just like in a
> folder, in Midnight Commander.
>
> Thank you!

I've been using gftp. I think it can be set using SCP

regards