Old 02-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Mark Neidorff

Default USB networking

I just saw an ad for a IOGear GUN262WV. It is a USB network cable to connect
2 PCs directly. Its listed as working with Vista & XP only. If anyone has
this cable working with Debian (I'm using Etch) would someone please tell me
how to make it happen?

Thank you,

Mark

Old 02-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Osamu Aoki

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:31:44AM -0500, Mark Neidorff wrote:
> I just saw an ad for a IOGear GUN262WV. It is a USB network cable to connect
> 2 PCs directly. Its listed as working with Vista & XP only. If anyone has
> this cable working with Debian (I'm using Etch) would someone please tell me
> how to make it happen?

I did not try but it should be able to do so by ppp over serial device
name for USB port.