Old 02-19-2009, 10:36 PM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

Default How can i install Debian via hard disk

On Thursday 19 February 2009 17:25:24 Qzi wrote:
> How can i install Debian via hard disk ?
>
> My system is ubuntu ...
>
> I have dowload Lenny.iso on my hard disk ...But I don't know how to
> install it !

http://debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual

Specifically, appendix D section 4.

Wrong list, BTW. If you need further assistance, follow-up to debian-user.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))

Old 02-20-2009, 01:19 AM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

Reply to the list and not to me. You should get faster responses that way,
and a wider breadth and deeper depth of knowledge than I have.

On Thursday 19 February 2009 18:46:17 Qzi wrote:
> where to put lenny.iso on !

Per the instructions I pointed you at, you do not need the .iso images at all
if you have an existing UNIX-like system. Since Ubuntu supports it, you
loopback-mount the .iso and use the apt repository on it as one source of
packages to remove the need to download so many from the Internet.

Others might, but if you refuse to read the documentation that is available, I
shall refuse to help you further.

> what I should add to the menu.lst !

You'll basically copy the Ubuntu lines and change the version numbers to match
the version on the kernel you installed in Debian. The installation guide
should have more details about this.

However, if you choose to use the installer (*not* the technique I linked),
Debian should edit your menu.lst for you.

> Detail , I wish !

If you want detailed answers, you'll need to ask detailed questions. There's
a lot of choice involved in technology--and Debian in particular. In
addition, the choices you have my be restricted by your hardware.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:31 AM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

On Thursday 19 February 2009 22:12:07 Qzi wrote:
> Is there a easy way to start the graphic install without CD
>
> JUST .ISO ... detail I need !

Not that I know of. You'll have to burn the .iso as a CD/DVD and boot from
that. There might be some way to convince Ubuntu's GRUB to boot off on the
.iso, but I don't know how.

> On 2/20/09, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:
> > Reply to the list and not to me. You should get faster responses that
> > way, and a wider breadth and deeper depth of knowledge than I have.

Please: *REPLY* TO THE *LIST* and not to me.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:18 AM
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."

On Thursday 19 February 2009 22:12:42 Qzi wrote:
> Is there a easy way to start the graphic install without CD

*WRONG* *List*. Please follow the Code of Conduct
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct and use the correct list,
debian-user *NOT* debian-mentors.