Old 02-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Peter Robinson

Default xemacs flickers

Hi all,

I have xemacs21 installed on a the following system (PC)

deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main

deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org unstable main

After using xemacs for several minutes, the menu bar begins to flicker
and xemacs uses up about 50% of the CPU time in top. I have found
several mentions of similar problems in google from around 2003 but saw
now solution. What is going on?

I cannot imagine life without the one true editor...

cheers Peter

Old 03-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Arthur Marsh

I have xemacs21 installed on a the following system (PC)

deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main contrib non-free
deb-src ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ sid main

deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org unstable main

After using xemacs for several minutes, the menu bar begins to flicker
and xemacs uses up about 50% of the CPU time in top. I have found
several mentions of similar problems in google from around 2003 but saw
now solution. What is going on?

I cannot imagine life without the one true editor...

cheers Peter

No solution, but what video card/driver are you using, and have you
reported your problem via reportbug? If so, what is the bug number?