Old 02-19-2009, 03:59 PM
Martin Willcocks

Default Sa. 21.2.: Sonix Saturday Night Show

How did this spam get on this list. Why is the list open to hijacking
with a graphic image overlaying the entire text of the digest? This
list has nothing to do with Berlin music events or Sonix, as far as I
know! The listowner needs to have some means to block such messages in
future.

Martin Willcocks
Taylorsville, UT, USA.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:45 PM
Brad Rogers

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:59:19 -0700
Martin Willcocks <martinwill2@comcast.net> wrote:

Hello Martin,

> How did this spam get on this list. Why is the list open to hijacking

Sadly, it happens sometimes.

> know! The listowner needs to have some means to block such messages
> in future.

The list is forever being hammered by spammers. If there were no
protection in place we'd be seeing hundreds, if not thousands, of spam
messages per week. Occasionally, one slips through.

Application of something like SpamAssassin or Bogofilter (locally) will
improve your reading pleasure, I'm sure.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Tired of doing day jobs with no thanks for what I do
Do Anything You Wanna Do - Eddie & The Hotrods