Old 02-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Jeff D

Default Apache2 confused by index.php after Lenny upgrade

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, Kent West wrote:

> I'm ignorant when it comes to Apache/php, etc.
>
> I had a working etch server with Apache2 and PHP5, but after the upgrade to
> Lenny, whenever I point my web browser to a simple index.php file:
> the web browser opens a dialog window asking what I want to do with the
> index.php file.
>
> I'm unsure how to go about troubleshooting this.
>
> westk[@]goshen]:/etc/apache2:> ls mods-enabled/
> alias.conf authz_user.load include.load ssl.conf
> alias.load autoindex.conf mime.conf ssl.load
> auth_basic.load autoindex.load mime.load status.conf
> authn_file.load cgi.load negotiation.conf status.load
> authz_default.load dir.conf negotiation.load
> authz_groupfile.load dir.load setenvif.conf
> authz_host.load env.load setenvif.load
>
> (I'm thinking maybe there's supposed to be a php5.conf or something in the
> above directory? If so, where do I get it?)
>
> Thanks for any help!

to enable the php5 confs you can run:
sudo a2enmod php5

then reload apache and it should start serving your php files.

--
8 out of 10 Owners who Expressed a Preference said Their Cats Preferred Techno.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Kent West

Jeff D wrote:

[...]

Ah! You're a genius! Worked wonderfully. I see that this utility put
php5.conf and php5.load into the /etc/apache2/mods-enabled directory, so
I reckon my guess above was correct. Learning a little bit more each day.

Thanks!

--
Kent West <*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com