Old 02-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Kent West

Default Apache2 confused by index.php after Lenny upgrade

I'm ignorant when it comes to Apache/php, etc.

I had a working etch server with Apache2 and PHP5, but after the upgrade
to Lenny, whenever I point my web browser to a simple index.php file:

westk[@]goshen]:/home/westk/web:> cat index.php
<?
phpinfo();
?>

the web browser opens a dialog window asking what I want to do with the
index.php file.

I'm unsure how to go about troubleshooting this.

westk[@]goshen]:/etc/apache2:> cat mods-available/php5.conf
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml .php3
</IfModule>

westk[@]goshen]:/etc/apache2:> cat mods-available/php5.load
LoadModule php5_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so

westk[@]goshen]:/etc/apache2:> ls -lh /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5.2M 2009-01-26 16:45
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so

westk[@]goshen]:/etc/apache2:> ls mods-enabled/
alias.conf authz_user.load include.load ssl.conf
alias.load autoindex.conf mime.conf ssl.load
auth_basic.load autoindex.load mime.load status.conf
authn_file.load cgi.load negotiation.conf status.load
authz_default.load dir.conf negotiation.load
authz_groupfile.load dir.load setenvif.conf
authz_host.load env.load setenvif.load

(I'm thinking maybe there's supposed to be a php5.conf or something in
the above directory? If so, where do I get it?)

Thanks for any help!

--
Kent West <*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com