Old 02-19-2009, 02:47 PM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

Default Any info about http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/

Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> said:
> Greetings;
>
> I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a
> recent email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried
> several different browsers but they all go into a "waiting
> for reply" mode and nothing comes back.
>
> Any info appreciated.
>
> TIA,
> Dennis

goodbye-microsoft.net

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
Larry Niven, Steven Barnes

Old 02-19-2009, 02:56 PM
"H.S."

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> said:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a
>> recent email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried
>> several different browsers but they all go into a "waiting
>> for reply" mode and nothing comes back.
>>
>> Any info appreciated.
>>
>> TIA,
>> Dennis
>>

> goodbye-microsoft.net
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

This worked for me:
http://www.goodbyemicrosoft.net

ever having been read.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Kent West

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> said:

Greetings;

I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a
recent email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried
several different browsers but they all go into a "waiting
for reply" mode and nothing comes back.

Any info appreciated.

TIA,
Dennis

goodbye-microsoft.net

Cybe R. Wizard

I thought it was .com, which is not working for me at the moment. The
.net version does not work either. I suspect they're off-line
temporarily during the transition to Lenny, but that's just an
uneducated guess.

--
Kent West <*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com

Old 02-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Kent West

H.S. wrote:

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:

Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> said:

Greetings;

I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a
recent email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried
several different browsers but they all go into a "waiting
for reply" mode and nothing comes back.

Any info appreciated.

TIA,
Dennis

goodbye-microsoft.net

Cybe R. Wizard

This worked for me:
http://www.goodbyemicrosoft.net

Ah, but that's a different site (or VERY reworked in just a few days)
from the goodbye-microsoft.com site with which I'm more familiar. The
site with which I'm familiar allows a Windows user to install Debian
from within the browser without having to download installation media
(it installs a boot stub to the hard drive, which then begins the normal
net install). Very convenient.

--
Kent West <*)))><
http://kentwest.blogspot.com

Old 02-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Bob Cox

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 09:47:40 -0600, Cybe R. Wizard (cybe_r_wizard@earthlink.net) wrote:

> Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> said:
> > Greetings;
> >
> > I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a
> > recent email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried
> > several different browsers but they all go into a "waiting
> > for reply" mode and nothing comes back.
> >
> > Any info appreciated.
> >
> > TIA,
> > Dennis
> >

> goodbye-microsoft.net

A whois says that domain is not even registered.

The OP's goodbye-microsoft.com does exist, accepts connections to port
80 but that's about as far as it goes.

However, the good news is that goodbyemicrosoft.net seems to work ok.

Please reply to the list only. Do NOT send copies directly to me.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Osamu Aoki

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 04:22:50PM +0000, Bob Cox wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 09:47:40 -0600, Cybe R. Wizard (cybe_r_wizard@earthlink.net) wrote:
>
> > Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> said:
> > > Greetings;
> > >
> > > I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a
> > > recent email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried
> > > several different browsers but they all go into a "waiting
> > > for reply" mode and nothing comes back.
> > >
> > > Any info appreciated.
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > > Dennis
> > >

> > goodbye-microsoft.net
>
> A whois says that domain is not even registered.
>
> The OP's goodbye-microsoft.com does exist, accepts connections to port
> 80 but that's about as far as it goes.

It seems they are back and working. This is the site you want to go.

This http://goodbyemicrosoft.net seems different site.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Stefan Monnier

> I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a recent email,
> but the site doesn't respond. I have tried several different browsers but
> they all go into a "waiting for reply" mode and nothing comes back.

Works for me, maybe it was a temporary outage?

Stefan

Old 02-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Paul Johnson

Dennis Wicks wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a recent
> email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried several different
> browsers but they all go into a "waiting for reply" mode and nothing
> comes back.

It seems to be working for me at the time of this writing...

Old 02-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Jimmy Johnson

Dennis Wicks wrote:

Greetings;

I saw a regerence to http://www.goodbye-microsoft.com/ in a recent
email, but the site doesn't respond. I have tried several different
browsers but they all go into a "waiting for reply" mode and nothing
comes back.

Any info appreciated.

TIA,
Dennis

If you know the file you are looking for (debian.exe) then you can
Google for it and make it easer to find.

--
Jimmy Johnson

Bakersfield, CA. U.S.A.
Registered Linux User #380263