Old 02-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Carlos Parada

Default Module-assistant error when installing fglrx ATI proprietary driver. (Debian Sid).

Hi, is it possible that this errors are due to trying to install 9.1
version, then? Should I install the previous version of the
proprietary driver (8.12)?

Old 02-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Lalit Dhiri

> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:34:47 +0100
> Subject: Re: Module-assistant error when installing fglrx ATI proprietary driver. (Debian Sid).
> From: parlamca@gmail.com
> To: my_linux@live.com
> CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>
> Hi, is it possible that this errors are due to trying to install 9.1
> version, then? Should I install the previous version of the
> proprietary driver (8.12)?

I don't know if 8.12 is compatible with Sid. The response I provided is for Lenny unfortunately I did not see you were using Sid. If you are using Lenny or plan on doing so then I don't see any problems as I've used the wiki method on three computer with no problems.

The modules-assistant method is the Debian way of installing the driver I am not too sure how well that mixes with the driver available on the ATI site.

Here is the wiki page: http://wiki.debian.org/ATIProprietary