Old 02-18-2009, 06:20 AM
Micha Feigin

Default Is there a way to recover network-manager wep keys without network manager

I moved to wicd some time ago from network manger and I have a wep key to a
network I used to work with some time ago tucked away with network-manager that
is no longer installed. Is there a way to recover that key?

Thanks

Old 02-18-2009, 08:22 AM
Micha Feigin

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:20:17 +0200
Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> wrote:

> I moved to wicd some time ago from network manger and I have a wep key to a
> network I used to work with some time ago tucked away with network-manager
> that is no longer installed. Is there a way to recover that key?
>
> Thanks

nevermind, ended up using aircrack-ng. cracked the key in about two seconds ...

Old 02-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Michael Biebl

Micha Feigin wrote:
> I moved to wicd some time ago from network manger and I have a wep key to a
> network I used to work with some time ago tucked away with network-manager that
> is no longer installed. Is there a way to recover that key?

Keys are stored in gnome-keyring (use gnome-keyring-manager or seahorse to look
at them) when you are running GNOME or kde wallet (kwalletmanager), when you are
using knetwormanager/KDE

universe are pointed away from Earth?