Old 02-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Carlos Carrero Gutierrez

Default I can't mount pendrives or hard disks

The message is *option invalid trying to mount "anyname"*.

Curiously, one hard disk works, but the rest no.

What could i do? i am using Debian lenny (i know that i am posting it in ubuntu too, but the systems are similars)

Thank you very much, I appreciatte your help.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Ron Johnson

The message is *option invalid trying to mount "anyname"*.

Curiously, one hard disk works, but the rest no.

What could i do? i am using Debian lenny (i know that i am posting it in
ubuntu too, but the systems are similars)

Are you doing this from terminal window or from GNOME/KDE?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification

Old 02-17-2009, 11:54 PM
NoOp

Please don't... debian-user@lists.debian.org is that way ===>

Old 02-18-2009, 01:02 AM
Chris Mohler

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 6:54 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 02/17/2009 02:24 PM, Carlos Carrero Gutierrez wrote:
>> The message is *option invalid trying to mount "anyname"*.
>>
>> Curiously, one hard disk works, but the rest no.
>>
>> What could i do? i am using Debian lenny (i know that i am posting it in
>> ubuntu too, but the systems are similars)
>
> Please don't... debian-user@lists.debian.org is that way ===>

<=== Thought it was this way?

Chris

Old 02-18-2009, 01:51 AM
Tommy Trussell

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 6:54 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 02/17/2009 02:24 PM, Carlos Carrero Gutierrez wrote:

>> The message is *option invalid trying to mount "anyname"*.

>> Curiously, one hard disk works, but the rest no.

>> What could i do? i am using Debian lenny (i know that i am posting it in

>> ubuntu too, but the systems are similars)

> Please don't... debian-user@lists.debian.org is that way ===>

<=== Thought it was this way?

Chris

If Debian is "upstream" then I guess it depends on which bank you're standing on!

Old 02-18-2009, 02:15 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell@gmail.com> said:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > > Please don't... debian-user@lists.debian.org is that way ===>
> >
> > <=== Thought it was this way?
> >
> > Chris
> >

> If Debian is "upstream" then I guess it depends on which bank you're
> standing on!

Can, "torrent," jokes be far behind?

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
Larry Niven, Steven Barnes

Old 02-18-2009, 02:44 AM
NoOp

On 02/17/2009 06:51 PM, Tommy Trussell wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Please don't... debian-user@lists.debian.org is that way ===>
>>
>> <=== Thought it was this way?
>>
>> Chris
>>

> If Debian is "upstream" then I guess it depends on which bank you're
> standing on!

OK...

^

debian-user@lists.debian.org is that way|

Old 02-18-2009, 03:12 PM
carlos carrego gutierrez

Seriously, could somebody give me a serious response?

I use Gnome.

Thank you very much.

Old 02-18-2009, 03:26 PM
"Mark Haney"

carlos carrego gutierrez wrote:
> Seriously, could somebody give me a serious response?
>
> I use Gnome.
>
> Thank you very much.

Serious response. Try the debian list. The systems are similar, but
not that similar.

Not to mention you've not shown us what dmesg says about the drives, or
lspci about the USB devices. I mean even had this been a Ubuntu system,
without that we'd be helpless.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support