Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Debian User (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/)
-   -   I can't mount pendrives or hard disks (http://www.linux-archive.org/debian-user/247530-i-cant-mount-pendrives-hard-disks.html)

Carlos Carrero Gutierrez 02-17-2009 09:24 PM

I can't mount pendrives or hard disks
 
The message is *option invalid trying to mount "anyname"*.

Curiously, one hard disk works, but the rest no.

What could i do? i am using Debian lenny (i know that i am posting it in ubuntu too, but the systems are similars)


Thank you very much, I appreciatte your help.

Ron Johnson 02-17-2009 09:50 PM

I can't mount pendrives or hard disks
 
On 02/17/2009 04:24 PM, Carlos Carrero Gutierrez wrote:

The message is *option invalid trying to mount "anyname"*.

Curiously, one hard disk works, but the rest no.

What could i do? i am using Debian lenny (i know that i am posting it in
ubuntu too, but the systems are similars)


Are you doing this from terminal window or from GNOME/KDE?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org

NoOp 02-17-2009 11:54 PM

I can't mount pendrives or hard disks
 
On 02/17/2009 02:24 PM, Carlos Carrero Gutierrez wrote:
> The message is *option invalid trying to mount "anyname"*.
>
> Curiously, one hard disk works, but the rest no.
>
> What could i do? i am using Debian lenny (i know that i am posting it in
> ubuntu too, but the systems are similars)

Please don't... debian-user@lists.debian.org is that way ===>

>
> Thank you very much, I appreciatte your help.
>
>



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Chris Mohler 02-18-2009 01:02 AM

I can't mount pendrives or hard disks
 
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 6:54 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 02/17/2009 02:24 PM, Carlos Carrero Gutierrez wrote:
>> The message is *option invalid trying to mount "anyname"*.
>>
>> Curiously, one hard disk works, but the rest no.
>>
>> What could i do? i am using Debian lenny (i know that i am posting it in
>> ubuntu too, but the systems are similars)
>
> Please don't... debian-user@lists.debian.org is that way ===>

<=== Thought it was this way?

Chris

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

Tommy Trussell 02-18-2009 01:51 AM

I can't mount pendrives or hard disks
 
On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 6:54 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 02/17/2009 02:24 PM, Carlos Carrero Gutierrez wrote:

>> The message is *option invalid trying to mount "anyname"*.

>>

>> Curiously, one hard disk works, but the rest no.

>>

>> What could i do? i am using Debian lenny (i know that i am posting it in

>> ubuntu too, but the systems are similars)

>

> Please don't... debian-user@lists.debian.org is that way ===>



<=== Thought it was this way?



Chris


If Debian is "upstream" then I guess it depends on which bank you're standing on!

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

"Cybe R. Wizard" 02-18-2009 02:15 AM

I can't mount pendrives or hard disks
 
Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell@gmail.com> said:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 6:54 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > > On 02/17/2009 02:24 PM, Carlos Carrero Gutierrez wrote:
> > >> The message is *option invalid trying to mount "anyname"*.
> > >>
> > >> Curiously, one hard disk works, but the rest no.
> > >>
> > >> What could i do? i am using Debian lenny (i know that i am
> > >> posting it in ubuntu too, but the systems are similars)
> > >
> > > Please don't... debian-user@lists.debian.org is that way ===>
> >
> > <=== Thought it was this way?
> >
> > Chris
> >
>
> If Debian is "upstream" then I guess it depends on which bank you're
> standing on!

Can, "torrent," jokes be far behind?

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
Larry Niven, Steven Barnes
"The Barsoom Project"

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

NoOp 02-18-2009 02:44 AM

I can't mount pendrives or hard disks
 
On 02/17/2009 06:51 PM, Tommy Trussell wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Chris Mohler <cr33dog@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 6:54 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> > On 02/17/2009 02:24 PM, Carlos Carrero Gutierrez wrote:
>> >> The message is *option invalid trying to mount "anyname"*.
>> >>
>> >> Curiously, one hard disk works, but the rest no.
>> >>
>> >> What could i do? i am using Debian lenny (i know that i am posting it in
>> >> ubuntu too, but the systems are similars)
>> >
>> > Please don't... debian-user@lists.debian.org is that way ===>
>>
>> <=== Thought it was this way?
>>
>> Chris
>>
>
> If Debian is "upstream" then I guess it depends on which bank you're
> standing on!
>
>

OK...

^
|
|
debian-user@lists.debian.org is that way|


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

carlos carrego gutierrez 02-18-2009 03:12 PM

I can't mount pendrives or hard disks
 
Seriously, could somebody give me a serious response?

I use Gnome.

Thank you very much.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

"Mark Haney" 02-18-2009 03:26 PM

I can't mount pendrives or hard disks
 
carlos carrego gutierrez wrote:
> Seriously, could somebody give me a serious response?
>
> I use Gnome.
>
> Thank you very much.
>
>

Serious response. Try the debian list. The systems are similar, but
not that similar.

Not to mention you've not shown us what dmesg says about the drives, or
lspci about the USB devices. I mean even had this been a Ubuntu system,
without that we'd be helpless.



--
Frustra laborant quotquot se calculationibus fatigant pro inventione
quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:49 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.