Old 02-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Engi Zoltán

Default power off without acpi

Hi everybody,

How can I shutdown my computer without acpi?
In the grub menu, I have next line:
/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-amd64 root=/dev/hdc6 ro acpi=off

So, I can switch off acpi, but after "shutdown -h now" command the
computer doesn't switch off. I get next message: "Sytem halted".

I don't want use acpi because if acpi switch off computer the bios can't
switch on tomorrow.

Zoli