Old 02-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Florian Kulzer

Default /etc/X11/Xorg.conf is different in Lenny, ¿where can i add the module "record?

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 16:04:00 +0100, Carlos Gutierrez wrote:
> Hi, if you think that you can't help me, i would like find mailing lists
> or forums where somebody can help me (please tell me!).
>
> I need to add the module "record" in xorg.conf, but the archive has
> changed.
>
> In debian (the original one):

[...]

> Section "Module"

[...]

> Load "record"
> EndSection

[...]

> Somebody could help me? Where can i add the module "record?

This module is loaded automatically now. (The same goes for many other
modules that had to be listed explicitly in the "Module" section in
earlier versions of X.)

You can easily check yourself if the module was loaded:

$ grep record /var/log/Xorg.0.log
(II) "record" will be loaded by default.
(II) LoadModule: "record"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions//librecord.so
(II) Module record: vendor="X.Org Foundation"

Florian |

Old 02-17-2009, 07:53 PM
David Curtis

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:04:00 +0100
Carlos Gutierrez <plmsckr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, if you think that you can't help me, i would like find mailing lists
> or forums where somebody can help me (please tell me!).
>
> I need to add the module "record" in xorg.conf, but the archive has
> changed.

You could add this pretty much anywhere to your xorg.conf,

Section "Module"
Load "record"
EndSection

Or if that doesn't work, as I'm not sure of the relationship between xorg's auto-config and xorg.conf, you could try adding the whole "Module" section.

And please don't cross-post, you haven't said if your now using debian or ubuntu, so at least one list needs an apology. ;-)

--
David Curtis <dcurtis@uniserve.com>