Old 02-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Frank McCormick

Default Desktop icons messed up

Old 02-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Ron Johnson

On 02/17/2009 08:11 AM, Frank McCormick wrote:

I am running SID up to date...this morning when I booted in nearly all
my desktop icons have been replaced with generic looking text icons. The
exceptions are the icons from my home directory..trash and mounted
drivers such as my flashdrive. The icons don't work either ..clicking on
them offers to open run them in or out of a terminal or display their
contents but running them does noting. All the icons also have the dot
desktop extension now.

The icons on my panel are still there and they work...as does alt-F2.

Anybody have any idea what's going on ?

There's a big GNOME 2.24 transition in progress. I'm not going to
think about upgrading Sid until next week.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification

Old 02-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Frank McCormick