Old 02-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Rodolfo Medina

Default dvips update

Does anyone know how I can update, in Etch, my old dvips(k) 5.95a with the
newest lenny dvips(k) 5.96.1? Otherwise I'll have to full-upgrade to lenny...

Thanks for any help
Rodolfo

Old 02-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Adrian Levi

2009/2/17 Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com>:
> Does anyone know how I can update, in Etch, my old dvips(k) 5.95a with the
> newest lenny dvips(k) 5.96.1? Otherwise I'll have to full-upgrade to lenny...
>
> Thanks for any help
> Rodolfo

Add lenny sources to your sources.list
aptitude update
aptitude install dvips(k)

this will pull in any dependencies from lenny it requires.

Change your sources list back to etch,

You could also learn about apt pinning or use backports.org

Note that running a system halfway between distributions is not
recommended, something will break eventually.

Adrian

--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.