Old 02-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Adrian Chapela

Default IPMI problem compiling linux 2.6.28.5 in Debian Way

Hello,

I am compiling Linux Kernel 2.6.28.5. The sources are a new clean
sources. I downloaded and then I cofigured the kernel. After all I
compiled in Debian Way:

make-kpkg --initrd kernel_image

After a while it sends me the next output:
CC [M] drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.o
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c: In function ‘maintenance_mode_update’:
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1090: error: ‘struct
ipmi_smi_handlers’ has no member named ‘set_maintenance_mode’
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1091: error: ‘struct
ipmi_smi_handlers’ has no member named ‘set_maintenance_mode’
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c: In function
‘ipmi_set_maintenance_mode’:
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1104: error:
‘IPMI_MAINTENANCE_MODE_AUTO’ undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1104: error: (Each undeclared
identifier is reported only once
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1104: error: for each function it
appears in.)
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1110: error:
‘IPMI_MAINTENANCE_MODE_OFF’ undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1115: error:
‘IPMI_MAINTENANCE_MODE_ON’ undeclared (first use in this function)

drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c: At top level:
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1218: error: conflicting types for
‘ipmi_register_for_cmd’
include/linux/ipmi.h:365: error: previous declaration of
‘ipmi_register_for_cmd’ was here
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1248: error: conflicting types for
‘ipmi_register_for_cmd’
include/linux/ipmi.h:365: error: previous declaration of
‘ipmi_register_for_cmd’ was here
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1254: error: conflicting types for
‘ipmi_unregister_for_cmd’
include/linux/ipmi.h:368: error: previous declaration of
‘ipmi_unregister_for_cmd’ was here
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1286: error: conflicting types for
‘ipmi_unregister_for_cmd’
include/linux/ipmi.h:368: error: previous declaration of
‘ipmi_unregister_for_cmd’ was here

drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c: In function ‘i_ipmi_request’:
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1477: error: ‘IPMI_COLD_RESET_CMD’
undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1478: error: ‘IPMI_WARM_RESET_CMD’
undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1479: error:
‘IPMI_NETFN_FIRMWARE_REQUEST’ undeclared (first use in this function)

drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c: At top level:
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1948: error: conflicting types for
‘ipmi_smi_add_proc_entry’
include/linux/ipmi_smi.h:207: error: previous declaration of
‘ipmi_smi_add_proc_entry’ was here
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:1985: error: conflicting types for
‘ipmi_smi_add_proc_entry’
include/linux/ipmi_smi.h:207: error: previous declaration of
‘ipmi_smi_add_proc_entry’ was here
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:2726: error: conflicting types for
‘ipmi_register_smi’
include/linux/ipmi_smi.h:176: error: previous declaration of
‘ipmi_register_smi’ was here
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:2875: error: conflicting types for
‘ipmi_register_smi’
include/linux/ipmi_smi.h:176: error: previous declaration of
‘ipmi_register_smi’ was here

drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c: In function ‘ipmi_smi_msg_received’:
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:3609: error: ‘IPMI_BUS_ERR’
undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.c:3610: error: ‘IPMI_NAK_ON_WRITE_ERR’
undeclared (first use in this function)

make[4]: *** [drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_msghandler.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [drivers/char/ipmi] Error 2
make[2]: *** [drivers/char] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers] Error 2
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/usr/src/linux-2.6.28.5'
make: *** [debian/stamp-build-kernel] Error 2

If I don't active IPMI options, I can compile well. Have you any idea ?

Old 02-17-2009, 01:12 PM
"Thomas Preud'homme"

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 12:31:45 Adrian Chapela wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am compiling Linux Kernel 2.6.28.5.

Where did you get the sources ? I first thought it could be the lack of blob
firmware but as it is a problem of compilation and not linkage it must be
something else. Perhaps two modules are in conflicts and kernel dev haven't
seen it but it seems very unlikely to be true.

> The sources are a new clean
> sources.

Where the directory clean when you decompressed the sources ?

> I downloaded and then I cofigured the kernel.

[SNIP]

Regards,

Thomas Preud'homme

Old 02-17-2009, 02:02 PM