Old 02-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Norman Bird

Default Lenny upgrade: Failed to load modules "ati" and "typ1" when starting X. No drivers available

I recall seeing something along that line in the , known issues after installing Lenny , in the install notes. about the display not using all the screen, they had a fix for it also.

thanks

Norm

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 1:13 AM, S D <sundimi@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- On Tue, 2/17/09, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:

> Probably need to add some modes or modelines to your

> xorg.conf. *Might try

> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg (or sth like that) to get the

> resolution you

> want.

I checked xorg.conf, it already has 1600x1200 line entries. Besides, the KDE configuration utility (Control Center | Peripherals | Display) shows that the monitor *is* running in the 1600x1200 mode. However, the picture doesn't use the whole available screen space.

Thanks

Old 02-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Pavlos Parissis