Old 02-17-2009, 08:45 AM
baldyeti

Default lenny kde artwork

Hi, after an uneventful upgrade from etch, I am left with the
frivolous question of how to get the kdm theme and wallpaper
I can see used with the live CD?

Old 02-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Jimmy Johnson

baldyeti wrote:

Hi, after an uneventful upgrade from etch, I am left with the
frivolous question of how to get the kdm theme and wallpaper
I can see used with the live CD?

You will find them in /usr/share/images/desktop-base if you can't find
them then you need to install "desktop-base" and you may also need to
install "kdmtheme" the KDM theme manager to get the KDM splash,
"moreblue-orbit" is the name of the theme.

--
Jimmy Johnson

Bakersfield, CA. U.S.A.
Registered Linux User #380263
K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple stupid)

Old 02-17-2009, 10:47 AM
baldyeti

Thanks Jimmy, desktop-base was missing indeed.
I am intrigued now: how touse the grub splash-screen
included? The grub doco still says only xpm is
supported; has debian patched grub to support png,
or is one supposed to perform the conversion?

Tx,

baldy

Old 02-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Chris Bannister

[Please don't top-post. Instead, remove quoted material that you're
not replying to, and reply inline to the points you're responding to.]

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 12:47:02PM +0100, baldyeti wrote:
> Thanks Jimmy, desktop-base was missing indeed.
> I am intrigued now: how touse the grub splash-screen
> included? The grub doco still says only xpm is
> supported; has debian patched grub to support png,
> or is one supposed to perform the conversion?

apt-get install imagemagick
man convert

You're not confusing the grub splash screen with the desktop background
image, are you?

--
Chris.
======

Old 02-22-2009, 10:41 PM
baldyeti

You're not confusing the grub splash screen with the desktop background
image, are you?

I don't think so. The location mentioned by Jimmy has a 24bpp
splash image for grub-pc called moreblue-orbit-grub.png

<http://blogs.koolwal.net/2008/12/16/how-to-grub2-and-grub-pc-installing-splash-images/>
this is a howto which explains how to use it, but that's
basically as simple as "aptitude install grub2"
(in case of upgrading like I have, otherwise has grub2 become
the default for new installations ? I don't know)

baldy.