Old 02-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Christoph Pilka

Default New Debian Wiki online with lot of working howtos

Hi folks,

I am working for several weeks on a new wiki containing lot lof
interesting and _working_ howtos. You can find it at http://debian.asconix.com.
The howtos explain step-by-step the setup of server or desktop
installations.

The first howtos I published cover topics like Lighttpd (+PHP/MySQL/
SSL), Awesome Window Manager, Zattoo IPTV, KeePassX as password
manager, effective backups running on rsync, keybased SSH-
authentication, VMware Workstation and Debian on NSLU2.

The howtos are written in German, but will be translated next days.
The wiki is multilingual, so if you're interested in translating the
articles into other languages, please leave a comment. Same, if you
have ideas which topics should be covered by a howto.

The next howto I am working on covers the installation of the great
ERP/CRM environment ADempiere on Debian. Another howto which will be
published next week covers a complex Asterisk environment running at
our office. So stay tuned ;-)

Greets,
Chris

Old 02-17-2009, 02:53 AM
green

On Mon, 2009-02-16, 047, Christoph Pilka wrote:
> The first howtos I published cover topics like Lighttpd (+PHP/MySQL/
> SSL), Awesome Window Manager, Zattoo IPTV, KeePassX as password
> manager, effective backups running on rsync, keybased SSH-
> authentication, VMware Workstation and Debian on NSLU2.

Wow, I see one HOWTO there that I am interested in (awesome), two that I have
implemented already (rsync & ssh-pubkeys), and one that could possibly be of
interest to me in the future (nslu2). That (50%) is a lot; I can imagine a
very useful wiki if those are good HOWTOs and those/others are as applicable
for other people as me.

The awesome wm is cool; it seems quite promising. I started using it recently
but haven't configured it at all yet. Rsync and SSH public keys should be
imperatives for almost every Debian user. The NSLU2 stuff sounds cool.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:41 PM
Michael Pobega

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 04:48:34PM -0800, Christoph Pilka wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am working for several weeks on a new wiki containing lot lof
> interesting and _working_ howtos. You can find it at http://debian.asconix.com.
> The howtos explain step-by-step the setup of server or desktop
> installations.
>
> The first howtos I published cover topics like Lighttpd (+PHP/MySQL/
> SSL), Awesome Window Manager, Zattoo IPTV, KeePassX as password
> manager, effective backups running on rsync, keybased SSH-
> authentication, VMware Workstation and Debian on NSLU2.
>
> The howtos are written in German, but will be translated next days.
> The wiki is multilingual, so if you're interested in translating the
> articles into other languages, please leave a comment. Same, if you
> have ideas which topics should be covered by a howto.
>
> The next howto I am working on covers the installation of the great
> ERP/CRM environment ADempiere on Debian. Another howto which will be
> published next week covers a complex Asterisk environment running at
> our office. So stay tuned ;-)
>
> Greets,
> Chris

I don't mean to be a downer, but why not just write your HowTos on
http://wiki.debian.org? It's a subdomain of the official Debian website,
and from my experience splitting information between sites just makes
things harder to find.

--
http://pobega.wordpress.com
http://identica/pobega