Old 02-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Dennis Wicks

Default unzip -a strange behavior

Greetings;

I regularly use the -a option to unzip to fix DOS/Windows
line endings and have never had a problem. Until yesterday
and today!

Today it treated everything as a binary file and all the
text/ascii files still had ^M at the end of each line.
Yesterday it treated a pdf file as a text file and it was
unreadable!

Any ideas as to what is wrong here?

Many TIA!
Dennis

Old 02-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Ron Johnson

I regularly use the -a option to unzip to fix DOS/Windows line endings
and have never had a problem. Until yesterday and today!

Today it treated everything as a binary file and all the text/ascii
files still had ^M at the end of each line. Yesterday it treated a pdf
file as a text file and it was unreadable!

Any ideas as to what is wrong here?

Unzip version number?

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA USA

Supporting World Peace Through Nuclear Pacification

Old 02-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Dennis Wicks

dgwicks:~# unzip -v
UnZip 5.52 of 28 February 2005,
by Debian. Original by Info-ZIP.

It doesn't look like it has changed in the past five years,
which makes me think it might be something else that unzip
interacts with. But I have no idea what it might be.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Ron Johnson

It doesn't look like it has changed in the past five years, which makes
me think it might be something else that unzip interacts with. But I
have no idea what it might be.

Weird input files?

Old 02-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Dennis Wicks