Old 02-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Dennis Wicks

Default Iceweasel blocking pop-ups

Greetings;

I turned off the popup blocker in IW but it seems to still
be blocking them.

I am on http://www.rhapsody.com/channels trying to play one
of the music channels.

I tried it on Win XP I'net explorer and it said popups were
being blocked so I turned off the popup blocker and
everything worked fine there.

I tried it in Iceweasel 3.0.6-1 and it doesn't work at all,
even with the popup blocker turned off. No messages or
anything. It shows the URL when I hold the cursor on the
icon but nothing changes when I click.

Any ideas?

Many TIA!
Dennis

Old 02-16-2009, 12:56 PM
tyler

Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> writes:

> Greetings;
>
> I turned off the popup blocker in IW but it seems to still be blocking
> them.
>
> I tried it in Iceweasel 3.0.6-1 and it doesn't work at all, even with
> the popup blocker turned off. No messages or anything. It shows the
> URL when I hold the cursor on the icon but nothing changes when I
> click.
>
> Any ideas?

Are you running any plugins: noscript, adblock, flashblock etc.?

--
What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out,
which is the exact opposite. --Bertrand Russell

Old 02-17-2009, 05:55 AM
Jonathan Kaye

tyler wrote:

> Dennis Wicks <wix@mgssub.com> writes:
>
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I turned off the popup blocker in IW but it seems to still be blocking
>> them.
>>
>> I tried it in Iceweasel 3.0.6-1 and it doesn't work at all, even with
>> the popup blocker turned off. No messages or anything. It shows the
>> URL when I hold the cursor on the icon but nothing changes when I
>> click.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

> Are you running any plugins: noscript, adblock, flashblock etc.?

Are you in the USA? It only works there. The popup gives this message.
"We're sorry. We have detected that you are outside of the United States.
This service is currently only available to residents within the United
States.

For music and entertainment services available in your country please click
here."
This, I got from Konqueror. Firefox doesn't even bother opening the popup as
it knows it would annoy me. ;-)
cheers,
jonathan

Old 02-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Dennis Wicks

Somebody edited out the part where I said:
I tried it on Win XP I'net explorer and it said popups were being blocked
>so I turned off the popup blocker and everything worked
fine there.

Which implies, I guess, that yes, I am in the USA because it
does work, in at least one config.