Old 02-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso

Default Happy lenny, everyone!

I know most Debian users think that only testing is suitable for this
"desktop use", but my family members use stable for all their needs,
so the lenny release has me very happy that I can now give them an
upgrade to their experience.

Happy lenny release, everyone! Almost 22 months since last release,
and there are many good reasons to be happy with it.

- Jordi G. H.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:22 AM
Andrew Malcolmson

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

I know most Debian users think that only testing is suitable for this
"desktop use", but my family members use stable for all their needs,
so the lenny release has me very happy that I can now give them an
upgrade to their experience.

Happy lenny release, everyone! Almost 22 months since last release,
and there are many good reasons to be happy with it.

- Jordi G. H.

Nice new graphic at debian.org. Looks good, and the first noticable
change to the Debian homepage in my memory.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Henri Salo

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 02:40:37PM -0600, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> I know most Debian users think that only testing is suitable for this
> "desktop use", but my family members use stable for all their needs,
> so the lenny release has me very happy that I can now give them an
> upgrade to their experience.
>
> Happy lenny release, everyone! Almost 22 months since last release,
> and there are many good reasons to be happy with it.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

There are lots of users who don't think that way. I'm also using stable in
desktop and in servers.

---
Henri Salo

Old 02-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Thierry Chatelet

On 16 February 2009 10:21:40 Henri Salo wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 02:40:37PM -0600, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> > I know most Debian users think that only testing is suitable for this
> > "desktop use", but my family members use stable for all their needs,
> > so the lenny release has me very happy that I can now give them an
> > upgrade to their experience.
> >
> > Happy lenny release, everyone! Almost 22 months since last release,
> > and there are many good reasons to be happy with it.
> >
> > - Jordi G. H.
>
> There are lots of users who don't think that way. I'm also using stable in
> desktop and in servers.
>
> ---
> Henri Salo

Good, stable is Lenny, now