Old 02-14-2009, 06:15 AM
Virgo Pärna

Default "On battery power, so skipping file system check" when in AC power

Does anyone else also receives "On battery power, so skipping file system check"
warning, when starting up a laptop with AC power connected? Especially in Lenny.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee

Old 02-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Johannes Wiedersich

Virgo Pärna wrote:
> Does anyone else also receives "On battery power, so skipping file system check"
> warning, when starting up a laptop with AC power connected? Especially in Lenny.

fine on Thinkpad T60p.
johannes

Old 02-14-2009, 11:48 AM
"Clifford W. Hansen"

On Saturday 14 February 2009 09:15:46 Virgo Pärna wrote:
> Does anyone else also receives "On battery power, so skipping file
> system check" warning, when starting up a laptop with AC power connected?
> Especially in Lenny.
>
> --
> Virgo Pärna
> virgo.parna@mail.ee

I also get this when on battery power, and it works fine when on AC power.

I believe this is actually a good thing cause if you checking your disks and
then run out of battery bad things(tm) can happen...

--
Thank you,

Clifford W. Hansen
PHP Developer / Linux Administrator

(Mobile/SMS) +27 82 883 8677
(Fax) +27 86 503 0634
(E-Mail/Jabber/GMail) clifford@nighthawk.co.za
(GPG) 0x936D6C19
(Web) http://nighthawk.co.za/

"We have seen strange things today!"

Old 02-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Virgo Pärna

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 14:48:27 +0200, Clifford W. Hansen <clifford@nighthawk.co.za> wrote:

> I also get this when on battery power, and it works fine when on AC power.
>
> I believe this is actually a good thing cause if you checking your disks and
> then run out of battery bad things(tm) can happen...

The problem is, that my Acer Travelmate 2355XC reports this also, when on AC
power. And if I added debug checks /etc/init.d/checkroot.sh file, then I discovered,
that the "ac" module is loaded, but system really thinks, that it is running on
battery. But when system if fully started, it thinks that it works on AC power.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee

Old 02-17-2009, 05:57 AM
Virgo Pärna

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:32:25 +1300, Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> wrote:

> IOW, does "apt-get install powermgmt-base" fix it?

Nope, I had powermgmt-base already installed and it is in latest version.
Anyway - it seems, that it takes too long for system to figure out, that it is
running on AC power. During that phase of startup it actually thinks, that it is
running on battery. But when system is up, it thinks that it is running on AC
power.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee

Old 02-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Virgo Pärna

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 23:19:12 +1300, Chris Bannister <mockingbird@earthlight.co.nz> wrote:

> And you know this from "skipping filesystem check cos on battery"
> message?

No, but I did modify checkroot.sh script to report on_ac_power result
to screen for debug purposes. And it's 1. But when computer is started
up, then it is 0.

--
Virgo Pärna
virgo.parna@mail.ee